- 2019-20 Junior Kindergarten /Kindergarten Packet
- Parents of incoming Junior Kindergarten students are required to fill out an additional form which is available at any of the elementary schools or the Administration Office. DEADLINE FOR JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN IS MARCH 15, 2019
- School of Choice Information
JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION NIGHT
INFORMATION ABOUT KINDERGARTEN AND JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION:
Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten registrations will be held at all elementary schools in the school cafeteria on Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 7:00 PM.
Registration packets will be available at the registration event and will also be available to download from the district’s website in late February.
If you have further questions specific to Junior Kindergarten, we are hosting additional information sessions on Junior Kindergarten at Bartlett Elementary School in the cafeteria on Tuesday, March 5 at 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM (the 6:00 PM session is a repeat session). You can turn in paperwork for either Kindergarten or Junior Kindergarten at the informational session.
For planning and staffing purposes, it is important to the district that families register students for kindergarten starting February 28. Registrations for incoming kindergarten students continue to be accepted throughout the spring and summer, however, it is preferred that current residents register their child by the end of March.
The deadline for Junior Kindergarten registrations is March 15, 2019 as space in the Junior Kindergarten program is limited. After this deadline, families can request to be added to a waitlist.
- To be eligible for Kindergarten, students must be 5 on or before September 1, 2019.
- Students turning 5 between September 2 and December 1 may enroll in either Junior Kindergarten or in Kindergarten with a signed waiver.
- Students who turn 5 after December 1, 2019 are not eligible for Kindergarten or Junior Kindergarten for the 2019-20 school year. Students in this group may be eligible for the Great Start Readiness free preschool program coordinated by the district’s Early Childhood Center, depending on your family’s income. Children in this age group can enroll in the tuition preschool programs at the Early Childhood Center as well. Call the Early Childhood Center at 248-573-8330 or visit their page on the district website for additional information.
You need the following documents to register for Kindergarten or Junior Kindergarten:
- A Certified Birth Certificate
For each child being registered, with a raised seal, the original will be returned.
- Two Proofs of Residency
This may include a driver’s license, a utility bill, or a lease/rental agreement. You must have two documents, which indicate the family name and address (in the South Lyon School District).
- Immunization and Vision Record to Date
You may revise this information in the fall. We realize that many children will take a physical exam and update their immunizations during the summer. However, students will not be allowed to begin the first day of school without proper immunizations, vision screening and verification on file with the school.
If you were unable to attend Kindergarten Registration, you may register your children in one of the following methods:
- With the school building secretary, during the regular school year.
- During the summer, parents may register their children at the Administration Building by appointment only. Please check the district website for summer registration dates
If you have any questions, please call one of the elementary schools, the CITA Department or Pupil Services at 248-573-8134.