South Lyon Community Schools have full day Kindergarten
2017-2018 School Year
If your child will be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2017 you are asked to attend Kindergarten Registration at the elementary school in your attendance area.
All meetings begin at 7PM and are held in the cafeteria.
If you do not know which elementary school your child will attend, please call the Transportation Department at 248-573-8900.
This meeting is intended for parents. Please do not bring children at this time. This allows for the discussion of any special needs or arrangements and provides an opportunity for questions to be answered.
Kindergarten Registration is planned so that each child is given the best opportunity possible to be prepared for school. It also helps the District make plans for staff and building use.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO BRING WITH YOU THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION:
- A Certified Birth Certificate: for each child being registered, with raised seal, original will be returned.
- Two Proofs of Residency:This may include a driver’s license, a utility bill, or a lease/rental agreement. You must have two documents, which indicate the family name and address (in the South Lyon School District).
- Immunization and Vision Record to Date: You may revise this information in the fall. We realize that many children will take a physical exam and update their immunizations during the summer. However, students will not be allowed to begin the first day of school without proper immunizations, vision screening and verification on file with the school.
If parents are unable to attend the scheduled Kindergarten Registration,
they may register their children in one of the following methods:
- Parents may register their children with the school building secretary during the regular school year.
- During the summer parents may register their children at the Administration Building by appointment only.
If you have any questions, please call one of the elementary schools,
the CITA Department at 248-573-8111 or Pupil Services at 248-573-8134.