Select Language
Spanish Japanese Chinese

New Student Enrollment

South Lyon Community Schools - Admission and Enrollment

All enrollment paperwork should be brought
to the school office where your child will attend.

To enroll a new student in the South Lyon Community Schools, parents/legal guardians should bring the following documentation, along with the completed enrollment forms in the links below,  to the enrollment person at the appropriate school building:

Required Enrollment Documentation

A completed District Enrollment Form (See links below) must be completed for each child a parent/guardian is enrolling.

The following information must be provided by the parent/guardian at the time of enrollment:

1.  Identification – Photo I.D., such as a driver’s license, state I.D., or passport of the parent/guardian.

2.  Proof of Residency – Three current proofs; one from Column I and two from Column II, in the name and address of the parent/guardian. If your statements/bills are received online, the most recent statement/bill must be printed and a copy provided.

Column I
one (1) required

Mortgage Document

Property Tax Statement - (most recent)

Closing Papers—Accepted only if you’ve moved into your house within the past 30 days. Signed by all parties with closing date indicated.

Lease – Apartment/Home Rental—All tenants and occupant’s names, including lease beginning/ending dates, must be on lease. Lease must be signed by both landlord and tenant.

Column II
two (2) required

Utility Bill – Gas, electric, phone, etc.

Vehicle insurance document

Homeowners/renters insurance document

Bank Statement

Cable TV Bill

Credit Card Statement

Medical bill or health insurance statement

3.  Certificate of Birth - A parent/guardian who seeks to enroll a child in the School District shall provide a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate.

If a birth certificate is not available, the parent/guardian must complete the birth certificate affidavit form and submit the documen-tary evidence called for therein. If such verification is not received within thirty (30) days of enrollment or the document appears to be inaccurate or suspicious, the principal shall notify the local law enforcement agency that the student may be a missing child. (Michigan Missing Children’s Act, MCL380.1135.)

4.  Immunization Records - In order for a child to attend school, the Michigan Public Health code requires a parent/guardian to provide one of the following:

        1.  A valid, current immunization record
        2.  A medical doctor’s (MD/DO) signed State of Michigan Medical Contraindication Form
        3.  A current, certified State of Michigan Immunization Nonmedical Immunization Waiver Form issued by the local health department.  For more information, go to or contact Nurse on Call (NOC) at 1-800-848-5533. You will need to provide up-to-date immunization records required by law for all students.

A valid, signed FERPA consent form should also be provided (in enrollment packet).  Any student whose parent/guardian fails to submit the required immunization information shall not be admitted into the school.

5.  Vision Screening (kindergarten/junior kindergarten only) - Proof of a vision screening is required before the start of kindergarten/junior kindergarten.

Guardianship (If applicable) -If someone other than the parent is enrolling the student, legal guardianship documentation, obtained from the Probate Court, is required at the time of enrollment.
-If custody has been established by the courts, a copy of the court order must be submitted.
-Step parents must provide a copy of the marriage certificate.

In addition
, secondary students should bring an unofficial transcript from their previous school to assist in scheduling.  An appointment will be made with a counselor to set up the student’s schedule.

Enrollment Forms 

  • Junior Kindergarten & Kindergarten Enrollment Forms                                                                                                                                                                         Junior Kindergarten & Kindergarten Flyer (Spanish version)                                       
    • Parents of incoming Junior Kindergarten students are required to fill out an additional registration form which is available at any of the elementary schools or the Administration Office.  DEADLINE FOR JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2020.     
    • For information specific to Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten registration for the 2020-21 school year please click here.
    •  Age of Enrollment Michigan’s Revised School code specifies a child must be 5 years old on or before September 1st in order to be eligible to enroll in kindergarten/junior kindergarten.
    • If the child turns 5 years old between September 2nd and December 1st of the year in which the child is enrolling, the law allows a parent/guardian to sign a waiver. The parent/guardian is required to submit this waiver with their enrollment documents.  The district retains the right to refuse any waivers submitted after the first full day of the school year.            Kindergarten/Junior Kindergarten Waiver                                                                                                          
                                Middle School Course Selection Forms 2019-2020
                                 6th Grade Course Selection Form (Both Middle Schools)
                                 7th Grade Course Selection Form (Both Middle Schools)
                                 Centennial 8th Grade Course Selection Form
                                  Millennium 8th Grade Course Selection Form

Enrollment Criteria (Spanish version - Criterios para Matricularse en)    
Enrollment Form (Spanish version - Formulario de Inscripcion)
Enrollment Form (Japanese version)

Residency – Shared Household Affidavit
Residency - Shared Household Affidavit (Spanish version)
Medical Statement for Food Service 
Change of Address Form  - Student                                   

For questions or further information on enrolling a new student into South Lyon Community Schools, please call the Pupil Services office, at 248-573-8134, or email or .